This is a great way to use up leftover cooked spaghetti. It is a substantial meal that will feed vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike; great accompanied with salad and steamed kale or similar dark vegetable. And the best thing? It's easy to prepare!
- 4 vegetable burgers
- 3 cups leftover cooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (choose your own flavour)
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped, to taste (dried is fine as a substitute)
- 1 cup grated cheese or vegan cheese substitute
- Pie dish - 9"/23cm diameter
- Baking paper
- Assemble ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/190ºC.
- Cut the frozen vegetable burgers into quarters.
- Line the pie plate with the quarters, allowing for occasional overlapping.
- Mix the cooked spaghetti with the sauce. Stir in basil to taste.
- Put the spaghetti mixture over the layered burgers. Make sure that the spaghetti mixture fills out the pie plate, completely covering the burger quarters underneath.
- Sprinkle cheese or cheese substitute over the top.
- Put the pie plate onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the dish on the lowest level of the oven. Allow 35 - 45 minutes cooking time, or until pasta has become crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 - 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve; or place directly on the table for self-service.
- Accompany this dish with salad, mixed bean salad, steamed leaf vegetables or carrots.
- To make this dish from uncooked spaghetti, cook approximately 100 g of dry spaghetti. Drain well before using for this recipe.
- Substitute oregano for the basil if preferred.
- How to Make a Delicious Dish of Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce
- How to Make a Quick Italian Spaghetti
- How to Cook Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico
- How to Make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- How to Cook Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- How to Make Green Spaghetti
- How to Cook Steak in Peppercorn Sauce
- How to Make Marinara Sauce
- How to Make a One Pot Spaghetti Dinner
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Spaghetti Vegetable Burger Pie. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.