wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
A delicious, soft and tasty vegan vanilla pudding that goes well with fruit and a sweet sauce.
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup soy creamer
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or other similar sweetener
- Egg replacer equivalent to 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup hot soy milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- Pour the arrowroot, soy milk and soy creamer together into the saucepan. Mix together.
- Place over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Add the agave syrup.
- Simmer on a low boil. Whisk regularly. Once thickened, remove from the heat immediately.
- Add the egg replacer to a small bowl. Pour in the hot soy milk and whisk.
- Pour the whisked egg replacer mixture into the the heated mixture. Cook together over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Gently stir through the vanilla extract. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator. Allow to refrigerate for at least 3 hours. It is best left to chill overnight.
- Serve. Serve with slices of fruit, a suitable sauce, chocolate shavings, or soy ice cream.
Things You'll Need
- Medium mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small bowl
- How to Cook Sweet Potato and Sago Dessert
- How to Make Vegan Cupcakes
- How to Make Vegan Cheesecake with Tofutti
- How to Make Vegan Pancakes
- How to Make a Vegan Moist Orange Cake
Sources and Citations
- Adapted from Janet Hudson, Dressed Vanilla Pudding, http://www.flickr.com/photos/veganfeast/3386990514/, Creative Commons License 2.0.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Vanilla Vegan Pudding. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.