Vegan Dark Chocolate TrifleAuthor: SandyJChocolate
Brought to you by Vegan Chocolate Company
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. melted margarine
- 1 cup cold water
For the Ganache:
- 8 ounces Xocai Chocolate Nuggets, chopped
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine
For the Creme:
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups soy milk
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
For the Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Using a fork, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a 9-inch square baking pan. Stir in the vanilla extract, vinegar, and margarine. Add the water and mix well.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
For the Ganache: In a double boiler over medium heat, whisk together the ingredients for about a minute, until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk for another minute. Cool slightly before using.
1. Stir all the ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
1/4 cup Xocai chocolate shavings
2 cups raspberries, washed and dried
1. Slice the cake in half widthwise. Slice into fingers.
2. In a large glass bowl or trifle bowl, place 1/2 of the fingers on the bottom and spread 1/2 of the ganache on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the raspberries, covering completely. Spoon on 1/2 of the creme.
3. Repeat the layering again, starting with the fingers and ending with the creme on top. Garnish with the chocolate shavings and a few berries. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
All the Xocai products are made from natural ingredients, such as unprocessed natural cacao.
The chocolate is full of the healthy Omega - 3 and the Omega - 6 fat acids, all the essential amino acids, iron, calcium and proteins that are similar to the protein composition that is found in fresh eggs. Xocai dark chocolate products contain other healthy and delicious ingredients such as acai berries, blueberries and also concord grapes which are super foods known for being high in antioxidants.
The effects of the dark chocolate can be astonishing. In some cases whole diseases have been eradicated after a period of consuming some of the products offered by Xocai. Some people who have used it have seen some vast improvements in their general quality of life.
More studies are concluding that chocolate not only tastes great it has numerous health benefits.
As far as your oral health is concerned cocoa and dark chocolate can reduce the bacteria in the mouth, reduce bleeding gums, reduce reduction of the gums, enhance breath odor and dramatically reduce the risk of cavities. Most people don't realize that chocolate is so nutriant-rich. The level of antioxidants in chocolate can be compared to many fruits and vegetables. Hundreds of studies have proven that cocoa can reduce the risk of mood and emotional dissorders.
Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis has forever been connected to inflammation.
Research today shows that there are also connections between inflammation and conditions like cancer, allergies, hormone imbalances, Alzheimer's and of course cardiovascular disease. Doctors today know that this is the case and now test for these heart conditions earlier than in pervious history.
Cocoa that has high levels of flavanol can be very effective in counteracting inflammation. Doctor's in Germany have discovered that the cocoa polyphenols neutralized compounds that are inflamed and cause artery disease. The tested 20 different individuals with astounding results. They also reconfirmed that cocoa protects the cardiovascular system as a whole.
Chocolate For Health
Vegan Chocolate Company
Article Source: Article Alley
About the Author: Activities: playing in the snow, walking in summer, hanging out with family
Interests: reading, chocolate, making money
Fave Music: anything to dance to... mostly oldies! Ranging from 50's to 70's :)
Fave TV: 30 Rock, The Office, Kath and Kim, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Flight of the Concords
Fave Movies: No Country for Old Men, There will be blood, Twilight
Fave Books: The Outliers, Girlfriend in a Coma, Rich Dad Poor Dad
Fave Quotes: It's not about the family you came from, your race, your attractiveness; it's really about performance. Money talks and the rest walks - Robert Kiyosaki
About Me: I'm a young woman who loves to have fun and meet new people! I love my job and can't stop telling everyone I know about healthy chocolate!