Being vegan doesn't mean being fondue-free. This delicious substitute fondue recipe will keep you in good spirits at the next fondue party; bring your own or send the host the link for this recipe if they ask!
- 2 cup non-alcoholic white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, or ground nutmeg
- accompanying vegan-friendly food
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for a few minutes. Ensure that the oats are ground until fine. You are aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Pour this mixture into a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil whilst stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes. Continue to stir.
- Keep cooking until the mixture turns thick and smooth.
- Prepare the fondue pot. Pour in the vegan fondue and keep warm in the usual fashion for fondue. It might also help to add a sign denoting which fondue is vegan if this is being shared at a fondue party.
- Provide bread and other accompanying food that is vegan friendly.
- Continued stirring is very important during the creation of the vegan fondue. It ensures a smooth, creamy consistency that is lump-free.
- A dash of sweet, smoked paprika on top of the fondue in the pot makes this extra delicious.
Things You'll Need
- Heavy-based saucepan
- Stirring spoon, e.g., wooden
- Fondue pot
- Fondue forks
- How to Make Basic Vegan Nut Roast
- How to Make Vegan Chocolate Sorbet
- How to Make Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- How to Make Princess Cake (Vegan)
- How to Make Vegan French Tomato Tart
Sources and Citations
- Adapted from Vegan Classic Fondue
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Vegan Fondue. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.