wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
If you are vegan, or you are seeking a non-dairy version of condensed milk, this recipe provides and ideal substitute. It can be used with a variety of recipes requiring condensed milk, including candies and desserts.
- 3 cups soy milk or 3/4 - 1 cup soy milk powder (or other non-dairy milk powder) - you will need it to make 3 cups of milk, so follow the container instructions
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tbsp vegetable margarine (check it has no milk derivatives in it)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place the soy milk and water into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Heat to boiling point.
- Heat the margarine in a separate pan. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the hot milk mixture when the sugar has dissolved.
- Add a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Continue to boil gently, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, or until it thickens a little.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. The vegan condensed milk is now ready for use as wished.
Things You'll Need
- 2 saucepans, heavy-based
- Wooden spoon
- How to Make Banana Ginger Parkin (Vegan)
- How to Make Vegan Fruit Slices
- How to Make Vegan Cupcakes
- How to Make a Vegan Smoothie
- How to Make Vegan Pancakes
- How to Make Vegan Champagne Cupcakes
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Vegan Condensed Milk. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.