- 16 ounces pureed pumpkin (or one can)
- ½ cup syrup, Xylitol (natural sweetener) or 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1 package (10-12 ounces) firm silken tofu
- 1 unbaked vegan pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Puree tofu and spices in food processor until stiff and creamy; you can add two tablespoons of soy or rice milk for the best consistency.
- Blend in the pumpkin and sugar.
- Pour mixture into pie shell or go crust free.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 60 minutes.
- Chill and serve.
- Don't use the low fat tofu, then the pie tastes like it was made with tofu.
- You can top it with non-dairy topping to finalize the pumpkin pie dish. Most people will not know that you used tofu!
- Preparation time: about 1 hour + chilling time
Things You'll Need
- Food processor
- How to Bake an Apple Pie from Scratch
- How to Make Banana Raspberry Pie
- How to Make Lemon Pie
- How to Make Pecan Pie
- How to Make Pie Crust
- How to Bake a Cherry Pie
- How to Enjoy Eating Pie
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie Straight from the Pumpkin
Sources and Citations
- This article came from another creative commons site called Foodista.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Vegan Pumpkin Pie. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.